After 29 years of legal practice in which he served as a Law Clerk at the Florida Supreme Court and U.S. Court of Appeals, as the United States Attorney for the Northern District of Florida, and as a senior partner in one of Florida’s oldest and largest statewide firms, Ken Sukhia began his own firm in the State Capital in 2008. Mr. Sukhia was appointed U.S. Attorney by President George H.W. Bush, and has served as litigation counsel to numerous corporations and prominent officials, including President George W. Bush, Governor Charlie Crist, Governor Jeb Bush, Ralph Nader, Tenet Healthcare, Dupont Industries, Caremark Rx, Nationwide, General Electric, and The Florida Senate.
We are committed to providing the highest quality legal and professional representation in a setting which allows us to devote personal and focused attention to the needs of each of our clients. We strive to pursue our clients interests with great zeal, passion and intelligence.
During his career, Ken Sukhia has represented some of the country’s top corporations and officials in high profile and complex litigation. He has extensive experience in a wide range of legal areas, including public and private practice, civil and criminal law, state and federal court, and trial and appellate litigation. Florida The Miami Herald has described Mr. Sukhia as a “powerhouse Florida lawyer.” This observation is evidenced by the remarkable number of prominent officials and entities who have turned to Mr. Sukhia to represent them in their most vital matters.
- President George H.W. Bush appointed Mr. Sukhia to serve as the United States Attorney for the Northern District of Florida.
- President George W. Bush and Vice-President Richard Cheney hired Mr. Sukhia to represent them as their federal trial and appellate counsel in the crucial military and overseas ballot cases challenging the 2000 Presidential election.
- Florida Governor Charlie Crist retained Mr. Sukhia as his sole personal counsel to defend various actions brought against Mr. Crist by his political opponents.
- Ralph Nader hired Mr. Sukhia as his sole counsel to defend an action by the Democratic Party seeking to remove Mr. Nader from the Presidential ballot. Mr. Sukhia handled both the trial and an emergency appeal to the Florida Supreme Court, where he argued the case against renown Harvard law Professor Lawrence Tribe.
- Florida Governor Jeb Bush asked Mr. Sukhia to serve as his personal attorney in civil litigation, and as his Criminal Justice Coordinator and personal counsel in each of his campaigns for the Governorship.
- As Florida’s Governor, Jeb Bush turned to Mr. Sukhia to defend the State of Florida in significant litigation challenging various of the Governor’s legislative initiatives.
- Florida Senate Presidents Tom Lee and Ken Pruitt retained Mr. Sukhia to represent the Florida Senate in defending the Constitutionality of the Lobbyist Disclosure Act.
Mr. Sukhia is recognized as an “AV Preeminent rated” attorney by Martindale-Hubbell, is named in the Best Lawyers and “Super Lawyers” publications in the top 5% of his profession, and has regularly been named in Who’s Who Among American Lawyers. His firm is named in The US News and World Reports list of the top law firms handling white collar matters. He has given numerous speeches to legal and civic organizations and has testified four times before the United States House and Senate Judiciary Committees on criminal justice issues in Florida. Mr. Sukhia graduated with high honors from the University of Florida Law School in 1978 and received his undergraduate degree with distinction in all subjects from Cornell University in 1975.
Highest Possible Rating in Both
Legal Ability & Ethical Standards